Re: OK, good responses on parts lists, now how about foldout

Subject: Re: OK, good responses on parts lists, now how about foldout
From: "Richard J. Collins" <writejob -at- DNAI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 14:26:59 -0700

I get the autocad files directly from doc control and convert to Visio 5.0. If I leave the
border information the process is fast (10 to 15 seconds on average), but that is for a
display only version. To convert the actual drawing objects into a Visio file that I can
edit take much longer, and like all graphics conversions, there are inevitable errors that
crop up (Visio is supposed to release a new converter soon.)

In the old days we had photo mechanical transfers made, got out the sissors, whacked off
the border and waxed the drawings down on paginated page forms. Now that, was labor
intensive.