Re: CBT v Training Redirect

Subject: Re: CBT v Training Redirect
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:59:50 -0600

> Do you think that people might become more "comfortable" in the future? I
> know that computers used to intimidate my mother, but once I helped her
> past that intimidation, she loved it and can't live without it.

Certainly people will become more comfortable with *computers,* but
that's not the point. IME, some learners are simply uncomfortable with
*any* teaching method that does not involve another person. The ability
to ask a human being a question can be extremely important.

I agree with the mom thing... mine is as likely to send me email as she
is to call me. :-) But like you said -- YOU helped her. You, an actual
person. That may be why she was able to get past her intimidation.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm