Re: Frame 4 book PDF help needed please

Subject: Re: Frame 4 book PDF help needed please
From: David Hirschler <DGHirschler -at- AUTOMATEDLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:24:55 -0500

Your Frame files may be saved in View-only format. Try unlocking them (in
Windows) by pressing Esc F l (lowercase) k . On the Mac try
Command-Option-e.

When you print the book file, don't use PDF writer. Instead, print to a
Postscript printer that has been routed to a file, and then distill the
file into a PDF. Or, you could use Acrobat Exchange to stitch the PDF
files together into one PDF file.

-- David Hirschler

>Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:54:54 GMT
>From: John Cornellier <john -dot- cornellier -at- CARDS -dot- DELARUE -dot- COM>
>Subject: Frame 4 book PDF help needed please
>
>Greetings from Paris,
>I have a 1000-page Frame 4 document consisting of 5 books, each containing
about
>10 files.
>
>Still with me? Good. I have the doc on a CD (so read only). Also each file
has
>different print configuations (numbers of copies, thumbnails, etc.)
>
>We only have Frame licenses for the TWs, so the CD is not readable by
anyone
>else. Someone wants the entire doc printed, but I prefer to transform it
into a
>more popular format (PDF) and then let them print the bits they need as
and
>when.
>
>Some of the doc's fonts are not on my system. I copied the files onto my
HD so I