Frame 4 book PDF help needed please

Subject: Frame 4 book PDF help needed please
From: John Cornellier <john -dot- cornellier -at- CARDS -dot- DELARUE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:54:54 GMT

Greetings from Paris,

I have a 1000-page Frame 4 document consisting of 5 books, each containing about
10 files.

Still with me? Good. I have the doc on a CD (so read only). Also each file has
different print configuations (numbers of copies, thumbnails, etc.)

We only have Frame licenses for the TWs, so the CD is not readable by anyone
else. Someone wants the entire doc printed, but I prefer to transform it into a
more popular format (PDF) and then let them print the bits they need as and
when.

Some of the doc's fonts are not on my system. I copied the files onto my HD so I
can reformat and save them, but when I Ctrl+S, Frame says "cannot open <file>
for writing". The files are not read-only, so why is this?

To get around this I do a File \ Save As (why is there no kbd shortcut for
this?) for each file into another directory. But then the book file becomes
defunct (I must re-add the files with their new paths or regenerate the book).

I want to output each book as one big PDF file, but when I print from the book,
the PDF writer produces lots of individual PDF files. These are not very useful
because they are not named in any coherent manner - the only way to know in what
order they go is to look in the book file.

mailto:john -dot- cornellier -at- cards -dot- delarue -dot- com