Re: Text From Postcript

Subject: Re: Text From Postcript
From: David Hirschler <DGHirschler -at- AUTOMATEDLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:09:14 -0500

>Quick question: How does one get text out of a postcript file?
One way is to buy a copy of Acrobat, which includes Exchange. Exchange
looks just like Reader, but it allows you to copy the entire document to
the clipboard. (This is what Adobe wants you to do, else why would they
have limited Reader's copy function?)

Another method is to open the PS file in a text editor, though I haven't
tried this myself. The text is probably intermixed with lots of PostScript
code. If you have the time you could strip the code out manually. I'm
sure there are several conversion programs available that can do the
conversion for you (Hijaak?). Another method could be to take screen shots
and then run the images through an OCR program (yuck).

Of course, the easiest way is to open the document in the source
application...

-- David Hirschler

>Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:53:00 EST
>From: Sabahat Ashraf <sabahat_ashraf -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
>Subject: Text From Postcript
>
>Quick question: How does one get text out of a postcript file?
>
>The best I can think of is to convert to PDF and Edit-->Select
All-->Paste. But