JOB: Boston, MA, Sr Tech Writer (2) plus...

Subject: JOB: Boston, MA, Sr Tech Writer (2) plus...
From: Dan Azlin <dazlin -at- SHORE -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:55:09 -0500

Hi everone,

I haven't been able to do much posting to the group in recent months because I've been busy creating a new Tech Pubs Department for a company near Boston. There are several job openings available now, so I thought I would share the particulars:

General Scanning, Laser Systems Division is a manufacturer of laser
marking and laser-based resistor trimming systems and IC repair
equipment. A unit of publically owned General Scanning, Inc., we are
located in Wilmington, MA. Thanks to innovation, foresight and hard
work we've experienced double digit growth for several years running,
and we expect our success to continue.

The Laser Systems Division has always pushed the limits of engineering
challenges with products that are far ahead of the field - products
that combine mechanics, optics, magnetics, electronics, and software
to accomplish the intricate task of accurately positioning and
controlling laser energy, frequently at micron scale. Superior
performance has made us a leading provider of customized laser
solutions to the world's most demanding organizations.

We provide a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental,
vision, life, STD and LTD insurance, 401K retirement plan, tuition
reimbursement, vacation, profit sharing based on organizational
success and a non-smoking work environment. EOE.

Job Title: Sr. Tech Writer (2 positions)
Job Description:
As a senior member of the Technical Publications group you will
produce operational and maintenance manuals for a sophisticated
industrial engineering audience. You will be primarily responsible for
overseeing the documentation needs of one of four product line groups,
acting as the lead writer and project manager for that documentation.
You will also contribute to the collective efforts of the Tech Pubs
group in developing new and better customer centered documentation
that adds value to the company's products. Experience writing about
both hardware and software is preferred. Interest in new technology
and mastering new skills is mandatory. Proficiency in Framemaker 5.x
in a Windows/NT environment. BA/BS in a technical discipline
preferred.

Job Title: Technical Instructors
Job Description:
As part of a newly developing team you will be responsible for
assessing training needs, developing course content and material, and
delivery to both in-house and customer recipients. You should have
experience developing technical , hands-on courses addressing the use
and maintenance of sophisticated industrial equipment for a
technically sophisticated audience. This is a ground floor
opportunity.

Contact Information:

Send your resume to any of the following:

fax: 978-988-8798
email: gpage -at- genscan -dot- com
snailmail:
Attn: G. Page
General Scanning, Laser Systems Division
60 Fordham Rd.
Wilmington, MA 01887

Dan Azlin ** WORD ENGINEERS, Technical Writing & Publishing **
dazlin -at- shore -dot- net 7 Myrtle Street
ph/fax 508-921-8908 Beverly, MA 01915-3315