Re: Style manuals

Subject: Re: Style manuals
From: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- SABU -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 10:56:01 -0800

>Can anyone point me to a comprehensive, commercially-available
>style manual that supports both UNIX and MS environments? I'd
>really rather not write one. :}

>Thanks,
-gee

>Greg Emil, Senior Writer v: 512.494.7334

I suggest _Read Me First!: A Style Guide for the Computer Industry_

And not just because I work at Sun. It is a good style guide,
written by Sun Tech Pubs and updated to 1997. Here is the
synopsis in Amazon:

Here is everything you need to know about documenting computer products.
It covers everything from basic punctuation and style pointers to legal
guidelines from writing for an international audience to creating a
documentation department. The CD includes FrameMaker templates for easy
book creation complete with paragraph and character tags.

Bob Morrisette
writer1 -at- sabu -dot- Eng -dot- sun -dot- com