Style manuals

Subject: Style manuals
From: Greg Emil <gemil -at- DAZEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:57:40 -0600

Greetings all,

I've spelunked the archive (a bit) and searched the Amazon.com
site; I didn't find many choices for tech writing style manuals
other than the Microsoft offering. I like that book, but it
doesn't quite fit my company's cross-platform needs (we support
both UNIX and Windows).

For example, the MS manual counsels using title caps for
folders and directory names. That's fine for Windows, but
havoc for case-sensitive UNIX.

Can anyone point me to a comprehensive, commercially-available
style manual that supports both UNIX and MS environments? I'd
really rather not write one. :}

Thanks,
-gee

Greg Emil, Senior Writer v: 512.494.7334
DAZEL Corporation f: 512.494.7394
301 Congress Avenue e: gee -at- dazel -dot- com
Austin, Texas 78701 q: "If it's in stock...we've got it!"