Writing samples and portfolios

Subject: Writing samples and portfolios
From: Chrystine Pelton <chrys -at- LUCENT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:35:00 -0500

>>All in all I think a couple of hours spent creating a portfolio can be

> the catalyst needed to excite a potential client.<<

Developing a professional portfolio is an ongoing process that takes
more than a few hours. I spent roughly two months perfecting every
aspect of my portfolio before I was willing to take it on interviews.
As a technical writer, a portfolio, as well as the time you spend to
create it can provide the employer with quite possibly the most
important piece of information that they need. . . that you care enough
about your future to put the time in!

--
Chrystine Pelton
Customer Training and Information Products