Re: Estimating how much to charge

Subject: Re: Estimating how much to charge
From: "Documentation Dept." <docdept -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 06:08:56 -0800

I've used 2 ways of estimating time:

1) seeing how much I've gotten done in a set period of time, or

2) doing two pages entirely and extrapolating from there.

Take a couple of pages home "to look at" and tell them you'll get back
to them with an estimate tomorrow.

Nea Dodson

---"Stephen D. Martin" wrote:

> The client expects this back in a week or two (no problem there, the
> work itself see,s simple enough), but they want me to give them an
> estimate of the number of hours the job will take. I'm used to the
> client giving me a strict deadline, and working against it.
>
> Any advice on how to draw up my estimate and/or pointers on where I
> should be looking in the archives would be appreciated.

==
DocDept -at- yahoo -dot- com
Computer Based Systems, Inc.
EPA/EPCRA
The opinions expressed are mine only, and do not
necessarily reflect those of CBSI or EPA/EPCRA