Re: The Writer's Kit

Subject: Re: The Writer's Kit
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 19:55:09 -0500

Michael Lewis <lewism -at- brandle -dot- com -dot- au> wrote:

>Experienced tech communicators should be (and in my experience >generally are) able to pick up the mechanical skills of >individual products fairly easily. T

You make a good point. In fact, I maintain that this ability is one of
the things that a TC sells.

However, the other side of the issue is: what do writers need in order
to make a living in today's market. In other words, what skills should
you have ready at any time, and what allows you to deliver the finished
work in the expected time?

Until I read your response, I didn't realize that I was partly
addressing this side of the issue when I responded to the original
poster.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 687-2133 X. 269

"Then fareweel ye banks o' Sicily,
Fare ye weel ye valley an' shaw,
There's nae Jock will mourn the kyles o' ye,
Puir bluidie swaddies are weary."
- Hamish Henderson,
"The 51'st Division's Farewell to Sicily"