e: The Writer's Kit

Subject: e: The Writer's Kit
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 20:32:50 -0500

John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>

> I might point out too that the project was short enough that> >actually buying a $600 package would have taken a significant >bite out of my profit here.

Of course, having PageMaker, you could then use it on other projects and
make yourself more employable.

Also, I don't know US tax laws, but, in Canada, you could write off the
purchase as a business expense.

I think that, given that the purchase would be a chance to expand my
marketable skills, I would have seriously considered the contract if I
could work it into my schedule.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 687-2133 X. 269

"Then fareweel ye banks o' Sicily,
Fare ye weel ye valley an' shaw,
There's nae Jock will mourn the kyles o' ye,
Puir bluidie swaddies are weary."
- Hamish Henderson,
"The 51'st Division's Farewell to Sicily"