Re: Microsoft Shenanigans

Subject: Re: Microsoft Shenanigans
From: "Julie F. Sullivan" <jhesselgesser -at- OXMOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:30:21 -0500

I had a similar problem with the "systray.exe" message and two others that I
don't remember. I thought it might have something to do with the new
Channels portion of IE4 because at the same time these messages appeared, I
started having problems with the FTP utility I was using. My FTPs kept
getting stuck, almost like something was interfering with them. I
hypothesized that Channels was trying to update the pages I had subscribed
to and thus causing my FTP to hang. (I have no I idea if that is technically
possible.) First I uninstalled Channels. Eventually I had to uninstall IE4
and reload Win95 to fix the problem.