Hiring Scenario

Subject: Hiring Scenario
From: "Julie F. Sullivan" <jhesselgesser -at- OXMOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:38:22 -0500

snip

>Hey, if it's my honest opinions that influence a reader to pass me by, then
> all that's happened is we've both been spared the hassles involved with
> hiring someone (being hired by someone) with whom we wouldn't get along in
> the first place. That's a tragedy?

I agree that it might be silly to worry about what others may think of your
posts in the future world. But, I've been laid off and unemployed for six
months in this field (source of paranoia revealed). When the bills are due,
who you get along with becomes less important. I think that Arlen's comment
is the ideal. Unfortunately, reality and circumstances often dictate that we
opt for something less than wonderful. And I personally don't want to be
excluded from a potential position before I've had a chance to interview.
I'll make my decision based on the outcome of that. And yes, as long as I
have a job, I won't go to work for someone I don't think I'll click with.
But if I'm unemployed...

Julie