Read-me appearance in Word

Subject: Read-me appearance in Word
From: Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white -at- SUGAR-LAND -dot- OILFIELD -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:38:04 -0600

Hi -- we're doing a read-me file for our latest CD-ROM. The read-me is in
Word (at the company standard version of 6.01 for Macs and 7 (Windows 95)
for PCs. However, when we open it on different machines with the standard
software configuration, the line breaks are different. Is there anyway to
lock in the appearance of the Word document for different machines running
the same software? Or does any customization by the user override our
careful formatting?

Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white -at- SUGAR-LAND -dot- OILFIELD -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Schlumberger Oilfield Marketing Services
225 Schlumberger Drive, Sugar Land, TX 77478
(281)285-7563, fax -8545