FW: QUESTION: Corporate videos and technical writing.

Subject: FW: QUESTION: Corporate videos and technical writing.
From: NICOLE CANTER <nicole -dot- canter -at- ADTRAN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:55:01 -0600

This is a little different than what your scenario is, but it may help
you. We are developing on-line training for our new business systems
software. This training involves almost every employee and is critical
to doing business. Part of our training involves using screen cam
movies that show a perfectly executed process. This is complete with
audio and both the voice and video are done from a carefully prepared
script. It will be used in conjunction with classroom training where
the facilitator will also have a script of the process.

At any rate, I think that video is a useful supplement to either written
or on-line material.

Thanks,
Nicole Canter
Technical Writer
Information Technology
Phone: (205) 963-6306
Fax: (205) 963-8717
nicole -dot- canter -at- adtran -dot- com

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!