Re: Word 7.0 - Full Text Search

Subject: Re: Word 7.0 - Full Text Search
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 10:59:54 -0600

In our previous episode, KLEIN, DAVID said:

> I just had a frustrating Word 7.0 episode (Hmmm, suprising).
>
> In the File|Open box I entered text in the Text or Property field and
> clicked Find Now.
>
> A list of documents appeared. I entered each of those documents and
> searched for the exact same text and there were no matches.

Try doing the search again, putting the text you're looking for in
quotes. If Word 7.0 is like Word 6.0 in this respect, unless you use
the quotes, Word lists documents where those words are found, not
documents where those words are found contiguously.

Air is to blow up basketballs, of course.

And what about Naomi?

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"A civil war is such an awful bother.
We fought at Tewksbury and still ran out of mustard.
I wonder where my brother Richard is." -- John M. Ford