? format for notes, cautions, warnings

Subject: ? format for notes, cautions, warnings
From: Miki Magyar <MDM0857 -at- MCDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 12:46:44 -0700

I'm working on the template/style guide for our user docs, and I'd like your opinion on an effective format for notes, cautions, and warnings. (Note = added useful information; caution = possible damage to equipment or person; warning = danger = serious injury or death, or serious failure.) We will be using an indented page layout with level 1 and 2 headings on the left margin.

I've seen a number of different ways to call attention to these notes, but none that really make me happy. I would appreciate any samples you can send me. I think fax is better than email for this case, but you could try a verbal description. Please respond offline, and I'll post a summary to the list if there's enough interest.

TIA -
Miki Magyar
mikim -at- mcdata -dot- com
fax: (303) 465-4996