Re: Font and Case for best readability on a Form?

Subject: Re: Font and Case for best readability on a Form?
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 07:58:03 -0600

Jennifer made some good points about captilaization and translation. In
addition, someone long ago posted that a relative who did research in
reading theory indicated that advanced readers recognize words by shape
rather than by reading each letter. Using all caps forces readers to
read by stringing letters together rather than pattern recognition, so
it slows people down. So, it might not be bad for short strings of text
that you want to catch people's attention (albeit there are better
ways), but all caps is inappropriate for body styles.

Bill Burns
Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group
billdb -at- ile -dot- com