Re: Citations

Subject: Re: Citations
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 11:22:30 -0600

Jason,

CMoS, MLA, and Turabian all use the style with which you're familiar.
The American Psychological Association (APA) and some other associations
and disciplines use a different citation style, including the downstyle
titles that you've mentioned here.

Typically, authors who publish across disciplines will use the style
with which they're more familiar, unless the journal or publisher has
specific guidelines that must by applied. I edited a journal article for
my father once (a former pediatrician, now a child psychiatrist). The
journal in which the article appeared had its own unique citation style,
useful perhaps to those in the know, but quite perplexing to the
uninitiated.

Bill Burns | Senior Technical Writer
billdb -at- ile -dot- com| ILE Communications Group
"If the world decided to follow you today, where would you
lead them?" Victor Wooten *What Did He Say?*

<snip>