Ugly screens in PDF format

Subject: Ugly screens in PDF format
From: Kathy Ellis <kathy -at- TIBINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:09:13 -0700

Well, I took everyone's advice and bought Acrobat. It's great fun to work
with, but I'm
having a real problem with grayscale bitmaps of our screen shots. They print
and
display well in Word 6, but when I convert them to the PDF format, they only
display
well at about 200% and they lose information when they print. (Screen shots
of menu
items are not readable. You can't make out the writing!) I've tried to
change the compression
settings in Distiller, but I don't see any difference --even with the
compression turned off.
Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know the address of an Acrobat list? Maybe
a good shrink?