Re: "Technical Documentation" for a PowerBuilder App

Subject: Re: "Technical Documentation" for a PowerBuilder App
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 14:15:55 -0400

Can you provide some more information about what the
product does and who are its users? That will determine
what info they need. "Technical Documentation" can
mean anything.

If this is going to OEM customers, for example, they'll
need programming docs describing how to customize
and build the customized app. If this is going to end users,
they don't need all the behind-the-scenes info. Is there
any network or database administration involved in
maintaining this product? If so, they'll probably need an
admin guide describing how to configure, maintain, tune,
and troubleshoot from a systems POV. And so on.

A.

--
Alexia Prendergast
Senior Technical Writer