"Technical Documentation" for a PowerBuilder App

Subject: "Technical Documentation" for a PowerBuilder App
From: "Zigo, Joy" <Joy -dot- Zigo -at- HARPERCOLLINS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 14:11:50 -0400

TechWrlers of the Planet--

A friend has been asked to write "technical documentation," as well as
end user documentation and an online Help file, for an application made
in PowerBuilder by developers at a start-up company. Since his clients
do not know exactly what they need, and he was not sure what to provide,
he asked me for advice about what kinds of information each type of
documentation should include.

I've done end user documentation and help files, and have told him my
views about those. But I haven't ever done "technical documentation."
What are the major categories of information that you would include in
it? Is any of the information that you would include specific to the
PowerBuilder environment?

Please reply to me directly, as I subscribe to the list in Digest form,
and I'll pass your collective wisdom on to him as well as summarizing
for the list.

Many thanks--Joy
joy -dot- zigo -at- harpercollins -dot- com

Speaking strictly for myself, not for HarperCollins.