Re: Summary: Skills Needed For Web Design (long)

Subject: Re: Summary: Skills Needed For Web Design (long)
From: Richard Danca <rdanca -at- UIE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:16:21 -0500

Whoa! You missed a good one in your summary of info on web design
(I think my e-mail address and sig line should be all the disclaimer you need!!!).

Web design web site -- or at least excellent info on it:
http://www.uie.com

Book (new!)

Web Site Usability: A Designer's Guide, published by the company I
work for, User Interface Engineering. There's a sample chapter on the
web site, along with ordering info.

This book is based on actual usability studies (the first ever?) of
web sites. Its findings are controversial (including: white space
doesn't seem to be a good idea, graphics don't seem to help much....).
However, the book is based on real data and most of the people who
dispute it are basing their arguments on opinion only.

Check it out!