Re: GUI Design

Subject: Re: GUI Design
From: Richard Danca <rdanca -at- UIE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:21:03 -0500

From: Mail Delivery System <>
To: Self
Subject: Mail Delivery Failure.
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:16:37

Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following
reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail
relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:

554 <EDU>>... Unbalanced '>'

Apologies to all if this is a duplicate. I had a mailer hiccup.

This replies to a message from Matthew Long.

Matthew, et al.,

If you look again at http://www.uie.com, I think you'll be surprised.
Most of the work this company does is NOT on web stuff. (You'll want
to be sure to examine my e-mail address and sig line!! <grin>)

Here's a deal: e-mail me your postal address and I'll send you a sample
issue of our newsletter, Eye For Design. Web design is just one of
many interface-related subjects this newsletter deals with. [NOTE: This
offer is good for *anyone* on TECHWR-L.]

We're compiling the 1996 Eye For Design issues into a book that we
hope to publish soon. I'll be sure to let TECHWR-L know about
it. We've already published our first web-site report, Web Site
Usability: A Designer's Guide. A sample chapter is available on the
web site. That number again is: http://www.uie.com

Also, while you're on the site, why not sign up for the free UIE Tips
e-mail from our founding principal, Jared Spool -- also more than
just web-site stuff.

Matthew J. Long wrote:
> A few of my developer buddies at work are arguing about the best way to
> design a GUI (They are creating forms for an Oracle database). I have seen
> the User Interface Engineering web site which discusses design, but it is
> web-centric. [snip]

Richard A. Danca User Interface Engineering
richard -dot- danca -at- uie -dot- com 800 Turnpike St., Suite 101
rdanca -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com North Andover, MA 01845
508-975-4343, 508-975-5353 (fax) USA
http://www.uie.com