4 yrs of writing, and NOW I'm questioning fonts

Subject: 4 yrs of writing, and NOW I'm questioning fonts
From: DWeber <dweber -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:30:26 EST

Wouldn't it also depend on whether or not you're italizing the text
(e.g., captions for figures or tables)? Does bolding and italicizing
affect a decision to use one or the other?

Is it in the maturity of common practice, that most use serif (with
curves) for body text, and sans serif for captions and headings?

I guess when I think of seriffed fonts, I think in the extreme like a
Gothic or Script style font (right). Looking at the issue from this
perspective, a sans serif such as Arial would definitely be a better
choice for body text. I guess I always equated "fancy" with
"curves". Are there any fancy sans serif fonts?

I used to just format my manuals based on templates...now I think I
just confused the hell out of myself.