Re: Contents at a Glance

Subject: Re: Contents at a Glance
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 08:09:01 -0400

How about a regular table of contents... then a table with
a short description of the structure of the book, by chapter,
in the preface? (Where we also describe typographical conventions,
set reader expectations, etc.) I think this would be less
confusing that two TOCs, yet you still can convey the "big
picture" information.
--
Alexia Prendergast
Senior Technical Writer