Re: Has anyone ever hear of an .shg file?

Subject: Re: Has anyone ever hear of an .shg file?
From: Richard Rogers <rogers_r -at- WIZTEC-USA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:10:57 -0400

Jeff,

The .shg file is called a SHED graphic and contains hot links to other
topics. These are created with a graphics program designed specifically
for help files. I use RoboHelp which uses Microsoft Hotspot Editor. As
stated in the
manual once the bitmap has been converted to a hotspot graphic the image
can no longer be viewed or manipulated as a metafile or bitmap.

BUT, you can convert the .shg graphic back to a .bmp. If this helps,
page 317 of
the RoboHelp Windows 95/NT development manual describes the procedure
for converting back.

FWIW, I have not used this procedure.

Richard

p.s. I find it interesting that I received Bill Sulivan's reply a few
hours before Jeff's
original posting.

p.p.s OBTW, Jeff, it was not a dumb question.