Docutech printing

Subject: Docutech printing
From: Richard Rogers <rogers_r -at- WIZTEC-USA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:05:52 -0400

Stuart Burnfiled asked:"As I understand it, we'd have to
print all the B&W pages on the Docutech, then print the colour pages
separately, then have someone insert them by hand before the manuals
are bound."

When the company I worked for originally looked into buying
a Docutech, it did not have color capabilities. The solution was to
have the cover printed ahead of time, placed in a secondary bin of
the Docutech and have it inserted at the beginning of each manual. Your
printer
could keep a supply of these covers on hand. Also, depending on the
attached options, the Docutech is capable of binding. If the method of
binding is not to your liking, your final copies still have the cover
inserted
in the proper place. The Docutech also allows you to insert index tabs
in
the same fashion.

Richard

rogers_r -at- wiztec-usa -dot- com