Re: Interviews and Ethics

Subject: Re: Interviews and Ethics
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 10:02:11 -0400

You're right, it's not appropriate to say negative
things about your company to applicants. Besides,
I've worked in a couple of environments that weren't
for me -- didn't mean they weren't for someone else.

Usually, giving a simple objective description ("You
will be expected to work OT regularly" or "You will
need to be able to deal with internal politics")
is sufficient rather than projecting one's own feelings
about the job onto the applicant and assuming that
they, too, would find the situation unpleasant.

A.
--
Alexia Prendergast
Senior Technical Writer