Re: Searching for a Job when you have one

Subject: Re: Searching for a Job when you have one
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:51:24 -0400

When I get resumes, most folks haven't left their
job or given notice yet. I think most potential
employers understand the need for confidentiality.

I would recommend that you include your current position
on your resume and, when asked for references, give
names of one or two trustworthy coworkers along with
other references (if possible). Also, mention your
situation.

Understand, however, that *after* you give notice, most
employers will call your previous employer to verify
the accuracy of what you've claimed (probably just
a call to HR to verify dates of employment, etc.). If
you haven't been truthful, your offer may be withdrawn.

A.
--
Alexia Prendergast
Senior Technical Writer