Re: Course wish list?

Subject: Re: Course wish list?
From: "Tamminga, Ernie" <et -at- DSC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 08:09:49 -0700

Assuming that you already have a general grounding in computer
technology (if not, get that first)...learn the programming language(s)
that is/are used by the developers in your company.

If your company's products are software tools for customers who then use
them to write their own software, then learn LOTS about the language.
If the products are intended for end-users only, then an intro-level
course in the language will be useful. You don't have to become a
full-fledged codehacker... but knowing something about the language &
tools your software developers use will give you insights into how your
product works, and why it works the way it does.

If the language is object-oriented (Java, C++, . . .) then add a course
or two about object-oriented analysis & design, if such a course is
available.
--------
Ernie Tamminga
Director, InfoEngineering
Digital Sound Corporation
Opinions expressed are my own, and not necessarily those of Digital
Sound Corporation