Re: Course wish list?

Subject: Re: Course wish list?
From: Kathryn J Acciari <acciari -at- ACSU -dot- BUFFALO -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 12:15:09 -0400

Tracy,
In addition to computer sci courses, I suggest that you also look
for communication-oriented courses.

My undergrad degree is in communication, from the University at Buffalo.
At Buffalo, this is not a study in mass media (radio, TV, etc.), but
is a more scientific approach to communication. We studied
communication theory and research, along with public relations and
advertising. This combination has helped me approach my work from
the user/audience standpoint, and has also provided me with a good
base of research on which to develop arguments when I need them. :-)

This background has also helped my career, as I'm able to pick up
jobs doing software documentation, marketing com, and internal public
relations for high-tech firms.

Kathryn J Acciari
Technical Writer/Communicator
Buffalo, New York
acciari -at- acsu -dot- buffalo -dot- edu