[RE: Byte, Initialisms, and others]

Subject: [RE: Byte, Initialisms, and others]
From: Dennis Hays <dhays -at- NOVALIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 08:02:04 -0400

One source I've found invaluable in writing technical stuff is Thomas J.
Glover's *Pocket Ref* (Sequoia Publications, Inc., Littleton, Colorado,
USA). Besides the information about bytes--kilo, mega, and so forth--this
little book has a wealth if information about Air and Gases, Chemistry and
Physics, Electrical (including wire, motors, and frames), geology,
solvents, well, you get the picture.

I heartily recommend this as part of a technical writer's toolkit.

Dennis
Dennis Hays
Novalis Corporation
Telephone: 518/862-3465