Re: Juggle Act, kinda on topic

Subject: Re: Juggle Act, kinda on topic
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 07:51:25 -0400

Ditto to the theme that we are sharper at work when we take
time off to do other things. I'm a much more efficient and
much more creative writer when I take a break -- type A no
longer!

My favorite antidotes to information overload:
-Mowing the lawn (well, OK, there's more clover than
grass, but hey, it's therapeutic...)
-Sitting outside in the sun and daydreaming
-Just about any strenuous aerobic activity that
wears me out and clears my head. (Last night it
was chasing my dog around the yard to try to get
my badminton birdie back before she chewed
it to bits. She won, but we had lots of fun. ;)

My weekends tend to be as low-tech as possible these days, too.

During the workday, I find my afternoons are more productive
when I take a walk at lunch. (Hmmm. good reminder to myself--
haven't done it in a while.) Sometimes, when I'm editing
something I just wrote, a change of scenery, even if only
moving to sit in my guest chair, helps clear my mind some.

A.
--
Alexia Prendergast
Senior Technical Writer