Re: Juggle Act

Subject: Re: Juggle Act
From: "Robin M. Allen" <robin -dot- m -dot- allen -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:06:00 -0500

Steven Warren wrote:

> Hello gang,
>
> How hard do you think it is to constantly write about your software product
> and stay up with the constantly changing technology while still leaving
> time to enjoy the little things?
>
> Our company's product is an Human Resources Management System (HRMS). The
> software is very complicated and requires a lot of research in
> understanding tax and HR laws. Between the studying, the writing, and the
> reading of new technology, I sometimes find myself missing out on those
> walks on the beach, and the sunsets at night, and foremost the rain dancing
> off the streets. Does anyone else fall in this category at times. I am just
> curious if people in my field feel the same as I do.

Steve:

I feel exactly the same way you do! I'm a contractor and I feel like I
work 24/7. I don't even know what I enjoy anymore.

I subscribe to a lot of technology mags that I never have time to read
(never mind my personal magazines) and even the thought of a new
operating system from Microsoft causes me grief -- it's just another
catalyst for more information and even newer technology that I don't
have time to absorb.

It's hard enough keeping up with my clients, their industry, their
software, and their corporate culture. Sometimes I wish I was doing
anything *but* working with computers.

I do try to take time out for me, but when I do, I feel guilty. Isn't
that insane?

:Robin Allen
robin -dot- m -dot- allen -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net