Re: Juggle Act

Subject: Re: Juggle Act
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 09:14:22 -0700

Steven --
> How hard do you think it is to constantly write about your software product
> and stay up with the constantly changing technology while still leaving
> time to enjoy the little things?

Welcome to the 90's. Staying on top of what's going on in the field is
difficult, time-consuming, and ultimately worthwhile. There's no way
one single person can do a full-time job AND adequately read all the
trade press. However, one strategy we use that works is to have people
in your group be responsible for reading/scanning selected trade press
items, and reporting on them at regular meetings.

We have a weekly status meeting, and one item that is always on the
agenda is about the trade press and industry gossip. People report on
new products that relate to what we do, or to trends they see, or to
concerns about major players (like Apple). The whole agenda item takes
5-10 minutes, and we all benefit.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems