Re: Word 7 Display Problem

Subject: Re: Word 7 Display Problem
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- DHC -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 18:50:17 -0500

joanne grey wrote:

> Suzy Davis wrote:
> > Have you checked out the document template? [snip]
> > That is, either you or your colleague may have made changes to the
> > normal.dot template while working on another document and these
> > changes have then updated how your document is viewed.
>
> I've found this to be almost always the case when a document reads
> differently between machines. I ran into this probklem first using Word
> 6, then again in 7. Now that I'm older (and hopefully wiser), I leave
> normal.dot alone and create a separate template called normal_work.dot
> or the equvialent. :-)

> to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
> browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html

And always--always, each time you go into the document, go to Templates
and be sure your new template is checked and normal.dot/present.dot is
unchecked, and every time you save, click on Save All, and always work
in Page Layout mode, and always keep the same printer selected as
default.

There are so many alwayzes in Word....
--

Buck Buchanan