Re: PM vs. Quark

Subject: Re: PM vs. Quark
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 08:29:37 -0500

Thom Remington wrote:

> I thought she was going to have a hemorrhage on the spot! Removing all the
> diatribe, her statement was that Quark is the industry standard, and that
> *nobody* uses PageMaker any more.

On the face of it, a statement like "Nobody does...[fill in the blank]"
is highly suspect. Haven't we had questions about PageMaker on this list
recently? That implies to me that somebody is still using it.

Industry standard? Is there such a thing? My observation has been that
statements like "Nobody uses PageMaker" actually boil down to "I use
Quark; I don't know how to use PageMaker." Nothing more.

Goodness, was this a rant? It's early, so I'm not sure.

Regards,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019