Re: Converting Windows Help to Mac Help

Subject: Re: Converting Windows Help to Mac Help
From: Sue Heim <sue -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 11:17:08 -0700

Roy wrote:
> Changing the file type and creator header only works if the user _has_ the
> Microsoft MacHelp engine on their Mac. That would be the case only if they
> have installed some Microsoft products (like Word or Excel, and I'm not
> sure which versions--I have Word 5.1 on my Quadra and I don't have it). As
> far as I know, the Microsoft MacHelp engine is not available for free
> distribution.

Actually, the Microsoft Help Engine for the Mac *is* freely
distributable (we checked).

Also, John Renish asked if I could provide more information. You need
to change the Type to HELP and the Creator to MSH2 (I suppose you
could use ResEdit; we use a program we created internally to change
the type/creator).

...sue