Re: Converting Windows Help to Mac Help

Subject: Re: Converting Windows Help to Mac Help
From: Sue Heim <sue -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 17:15:38 -0700

Kathryn Marshall asked:
> > Does anyone know if it's possible to convert a Windows help file
> > (created in RoboHELP 4.0) to Microsoft Help for Macintosh? RoboHELP
> > uses Microsoft's "HCW.EXE" compiler.

Many folks already answered -- Altura Software's QuickHelp converts
Win Help to Mac Help. BUT... if you are working in WinHelp 3, you
don't need a third party util. You just need to change the file type
and creator header of the Winhelp file that you copy over to the mac.
That allows you to use Microsoft's Help engine for help on the Mac.

However, if your WinHelp files are in 4.0 format, you will need a
third-party utility. QuickHelp does a great job of converting most
everything in your WinHelp file. You do need the QuickHelp engine in
order to view the files, however (and although they really are one of
the better third-party options, they do not come cheap).

If you need more info (sorry, I deleted the original email message),
please let me know. Or do check out Altura's web site...

...sue