Encyclopaedia-Style Headers in Word

Subject: Encyclopaedia-Style Headers in Word
From: Susan Brown <sbrown -at- JSCSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 13:52:35 -0500

Hi, Hi!!

It's funny how tools can frustrate you.

I have primarily used Frame for 10 years. Recently, I have required
to do a lot of work in WORD, and I am constantly having difficulty doing
things that either I or my boss wants.

The current problem is with what I call Encyclopaedia stye headers.
My boss wants the outside of each header in the document to have a reference
to the current section, as in:

Page 1 | | Page 2 | | Page 3
Section 1 | | Section 1 | | Section 2

I am sure there is some way of doing this, but I haven't been able
to figure it out yet.

I have defined the problem as this (though I may be completely off
the beam): I need a way to pick up the current Heading 1 numbering andtext,
and place it on the touside edge of the page headers. (Frame does this quite
easily, but this seems to be because it 'knows' more about what it is doing
in various paragraphs than Word does.)

Who can help????

Susan Brown
Technical Communicator
JSC Systems Corp.

"I was brought up to believe that the only thing worth doing was to add to the
sum of accurate information in the world."

-- Margaret Mead