Re: Gantt

Subject: Re: Gantt
From: Shorter Rankin <srank -at- PACBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:24:40 -0400

Jordi Guim wrote:

> <Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 00:16:24 -0500
> <From: Paula Puffer <techwrtr -at- CEI -dot- NET>
> <Subject: Gantt Chart
> <
> <Question can I do a Gantt Chart in Excel?
> <
> <I can't find anything in the help so right now I am assuming no.<<
> <
> <Paula
>
> Hi,
> You can Search about Gantt Diagrmas in
> http://www.baarns.com/
>
> Jordi Guim
> Teacher & Writer

Shorter responds: If you don't mind doing a little work you can build
one from scratch. See the "Project Manager, Part I/II" articles by
Everette S. Gardner Jr. in Lotus Magazine - January and February, 1988.
The Baarns catalog features a Gantt chart Excel template which looks
suspiciously close to the Lotus Magazine screen shot. Baarns wants
$34.95 plus tax, shipping and handling. I'm not saying that is
overpriced. For my money, though, I'd rather develop it myself. YMMV

BTW We haven't heard from Paula since Monday on this topic. She might
have developed a solution by now. Other alternatives include CA-Super
Project from Computer Associates (overkill?) or Timelines from Corel
(previously from Symantec).

Shorter Rankin
Sacramento, CA
srank -at- pacbell -dot- net