Re: proofing docs

Subject: Re: proofing docs
From: Shorter Rankin <srank -at- PACBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 13:04:19 -0400

Hi Estella,

Your use of 'person(s) responsible for QA/QC' prompts my question. To
what extent are tech-writers getting involved in ISO9000 issues? Would
someone point me to the source of ISO/DIS 10013 - Guidelines for
Producing Quality Manuals. Is this document available for download?
Please forgive me if this is off-topic.

TIA,

Shorter Rankin
Sacramento, CA
srank -at- pacbell -dot- net

------------------------reply sep----------------------------------

Estella Clifford wrote:

> Cathy Carr wrote:
> <snipped>
> >. . . does anyone have suggestions
> >as to how to keep up quality control in documentation that isn't read
> by
> >the people who write it? :-)
[snip]
> >Thanks--
> >
> >Cathy
>
> Cathy,
>
> In my experience, the person(s) responsible for QA/QC for the product
> line can be very helpful with proofing. The Quality person I usually
> work with truly has an eagle eye for detail. He is just one of the
> people on my list of reviewers, which also includes those doing testing
> and the product manager, as well as the developers.

[balance deleted]