Word 7 table headings

Subject: Word 7 table headings
From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 14:26:09 -0400

In Word 7.0 I assign a table heading to repeat if the table covers mutliple
pages (TABLE/headings).

I format the heading with thick borders.

I format table rows with thin borders (both outside and inside the grid).

Under certain conditions of which I'm not clear, I can't get the original
borders at the bottom of one page and the top of the next. I can either:
1. thin line at the bottom of one page, which produces a thin line as the
lower border of the (table) heading on the next page
2. no border at the bottom of one page and the original (correct) thick
lower border on the (table) heading on the next page

It may have something to do with the bototm row on the first page coming
right to the edge of the bottom page margin, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone encountered this? Anyone know how to solve it?

It would not seem to be that Word sees the lower edge of the ongoing table
headings as part of the inner grid (and hence plugs in thin lines instead
of sick), because on many pages the borders are as they should be.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Richard Yanowitz, NYC
ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com

Freelance writers (including tech writers): join the National Writers Union
(contact me for further details)