QA/QC and editing

Subject: QA/QC and editing
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 11:39:49 -0600

I'm throwing this out for discussion.

observations:

Every once in a while, this list has a thread on
editing, such as the one this week on proofing docs.

I recently overheard a QA/QC editor say, "I do QA/QC,
and I love it--I get to find and mark things wrong with other
people's work."

Someone else noticed that the STC does not have a
special interest group (SIG) for "editing," but they
do have one for "quality."

question for discussion:

Do you think there is sufficient interest in technical
editing to warrant an STC SIG on it?

another question: Are QA/QC duties handled by an
editor or by a person from the "quality department"?

If you want to reply to me, you may. If you want to
make this a thread on techwr-l, I think it is relevant.

why I ask:

I'm not primarily an editor, but I am on the STC SIG
Advisory Committee, so I thought I'd pursue this thought.

Thanks!

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
COREComm Webmaster webmaster -at- corecomm -dot- com

http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/