Re: Half Day Interview

Subject: Re: Half Day Interview
From: Chris Betterton <chrisb -at- CONTEXT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 13:52:00 +0100

Half day? Over here, most big blue chip companies recruiting fresh
graduates have a one hour first interview, and then a second
interview that can last anything between a morning and two days.
Although Glaxo Wellcome broke all records for me last year:

1. First interview wasn't actually an interview at all, but
a morning doing tests and then a group exercise with
other applicants. This meant taking a day off work and
travelling 200 miles or so.

2. Second interview was another morning at their headquarters,
doing MORE tests (asking things like "Mother is ... (fill in
the blank)") and being interviewed by two or three people.
Another day off.

3. THIRD interview (which I didn't get to) was two days at a
selection centre.

Okay, when you're a raw graduate all you have is potential, not skills.
But I am so glad I never have to go through that again - now I have a
job, most interviews are half day affairs.

Chris Betterton
Documentation Writer
Context Limited
email: chrisb -at- context -dot- co -dot- uk
web: www.justis.com