Re: Windows NT question

Subject: Re: Windows NT question
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 18:11:46 -0800

On Thu, 1 May 1997 15:20:02 -0500, Libby, Cynthia wrote:

>We are using Office 95 and Robohelp 4.0 to develop documentation for
>Windows 95 and NT. So far we have used Windows 95 as our operating
>system, but one of the products we are documenting can only be installed
>on NT. The other products can be installed on both platforms.
>
>Does anyone know of problems using Office 95 or Robohelp on NT? Can we
>change to NT as a sole operating system or do we need to create dual
>boot systems?

Those two should run fine on NT, but not everything you run on 95 will
necessarily run well under NT (Win32 is not necessarily compatible with
Win32, in other words - welcome to Microsoft's API-du-jour philosophy).

I believe if you install NT on the drive with Win95, it will install
itself to its own directory and automagically set itself up as "dual
boot".

You can also get a product such as System Commander, or if someone
around there has a copy of OS/2, install its Boot Manager; these will
allow you to install different operating systems on different
partitions, and select one at bootup.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

They say there are strangers, who threaten us
Our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness, too dangerous
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"