Re: The Celsius conversion

Subject: Re: The Celsius conversion
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 02:46:33 -0800

On Thu, 8 May 1997 13:43:26 -0500, Chris Hamilton wrote:

>Bob: A lot of people don't know how to do metric.
>
>Doug: Me, either, eh?
>
>Bob: OK, so here's an easy way. You double it and add thirty. So if on
>the radio it says"Okay, t'day it'll be cloudy and five degrees", you
>double it (5 and 5 is 10) and add thirty (and thirty is forty). It's the
>ol' 40 degrees.
>
>Doug: How many beers would that be if you had a six pack?
>
>Bob: Six and six is twelve and 30 is 42 beers. Forty-two metrics beers.
>
>Doug: Boy, count me in on metric.

Bob: Okay, like normally you'd eat a pound of back bacon. So you
double it - two - and add 30, and you get...

Doug: 32 pounds of...

Bob: 32 *KILOS* of back bacon.

(Another hoser, eh?)

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

Time stand still...
I'm not looking back but I want to look around me now
Time stand still...
See more of the people and the faces that surround me now
Time stand still...
- Rush, "Time Stand Still"