Re: TECHNICAL - best help to html conver

Subject: Re: TECHNICAL - best help to html conver
From: John Fulton <jfulton -at- LSI-DSP -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 15:36:30 +0000

ruthg -at- GORETEK -dot- COM wrote:

>I looked at the literature on this product [Virtual Media's Intraweb]
and
>it looks like a tool to convert doc files to HTML files. It doesn't
convert .hlp
>files to HTML-based help, does it? Does anyone know of anything that
>works with HDK (or other products) to do this?

From the demo I've seen, it can convert help files _authored with HDK_
into HTML-based help - you select which form of help you want to create
and click the button - hey presto, HTML help (in various flavours) or
WinHelp.

I can't vouch for the quality of the end product, or how it handles fancy
WinHelp features or tables or anything like that (I only saw it for a
couple of minutes) but it should certainly be possible to convert an
existing help project to an HDK project, then create HTML-based help from
that.

Regards,

/ John Fulton \
| Technical Writer |